Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Nepal Unites!

by LET THINK FOR A CHANGE (on facebook)

Nepal Unites says they have no leader nor any followers; they or shall we say we are all one. We are all working together as one for the same thing, which as of now is demanding accounatability from the 601 CA members. "ज्याला त लीयौ, अब संबिधान देउ'. Nepal Unites is a medium or platform where frustrated and angry youths like myself can come together and vent those off in a peaceful manner. Personally, what I hate most is not that the politicians are not doing their job, but I was frustrated at myself for not doing my job, for not speaking up, for not being able to do anything for my country. But now I canot thank enough to the founders of Nepal Unites for providing me and numerous others like me with a way to help my Nepal.

When I used to gather with my friends, and talk about politics over some tea at Basantapur or ShreeGha, we would always be like, "Hami eklai le k garna sakchha ra?", or "Yestai ho, Yaar!". I tried to band us together and a form a group like this ourselves, but my effort was not something I would call a success. My friends had their own personal issues to deal with, I could only try not force and they actually did not think that we could pull of such a stunt. But Nepal Unites proved them and me wrong. What I/We could not do, they showed us that we can. This facebook movement is going strong now, and I can only see it grow stronger, and the reason I am so sure about this is because I have FAITH in myself. I do care about you, and him, and others, but I do not care enough to quit if you do. I know that I will be standing there speaking a thousand words in Silence outside BICC, or RNAC, or Airport. Do you feel the way I feel? Do you have feel them butterflies, and do you feel those goosebumps in your skin when you are doing something for your country?

I know a lotta people, specially youths nowadays have that FIRE inside of us. We are tired to these old politicians treating our money as their own SAVINGS account. The youth of today are empowered. We are educated, we know how the system works, we know what is right and what is wrong, and NOW, we do not have any excuse to not do anything. पहिले पो क गर्ने? कसरि गर्ने? भनेर अड्कि राथियो तर अहिले त छ नि, परिवर्तनको लागि हामि नेपाली एक!! I am pretty sure we have these conversations about Nepal, our dire situation, politicians, BUT what is our excuse now?! Kasaile Hyaa, K Garna Sakchha Ra Hamile bhanera bhani halyo bhane pani.. Ehh, Nepal Unites chha nita.. Tyo ta haamrai group ho ni.. Hami sanga ni aba ta arule SUNNE AAWAAZ chha ni bhanna sakchhaun ni hoina.!!

Also people, Remember that we are creating history over here..! Have a goal that is greater than you, Come Out, Speak Up. This Constitution drafting is just a starting phase of Nepal Unites. With us United, we can act like a WATCHDOG for these politicians.. As far as I understand, Nepal Unites (We) is about ACCOUNTABILITY!! It is not going away, we are here to STAY!!


Find the original post on facebook here - NEPAL UNITES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommend